Dear Parents / Carers

We have now published a letter detailing the adjustments which we have put in place for September.  Please click here for a copy of the published letter.

Year 12 Change of Finish Time – Year 12 students will now finish school at 12.00pm on Wednesday 2nd September 2020. Please note that the change in finish time is to facilitate bus transport. Applegates and Jackies Coaches will be picking students up at 12.15pm. Apologies for any confusion.

Our top priority is the safety of everyone on site; all of our documentation reflects that.  A comprehensive risk assessment has been completed and revised in light of all students returning to school in September and can be viewed herePlease note this is a working document and will be reviewed at regular intervals and updated as and when we are notified of any changes to guidance.

As you have seen from the national media, schools will operate in year group bubbles.  Rednock School is sticking rigorously to the health advice regarding this.  Our School is now zoned into year groups and there will be no meeting between different year group whilst they are in Rednock School.  For example,we have designated different entrances and exits for each year group; each year group has their own break time and lunchtime during the day and their own dedicated areas.

We believe that we have taken every precaution and been rigorous in implementing all of the health and safety guidance.  Student and staff well-being is our most important focus.

Please take the time to read through the letter and go through the main points with your children.

Please do not hesitate to call the school office or email if you have any questions.

Likewise, if your child has items in their locker that need collecting before the start of the new school year, please call the school office to make arrangements for the items to be collected from the locker and made available for collection from reception.

Open Evening and Parents’ Consultation Meetings

Finally, please note that we cannot hold these in the current circumstances.  We are awaiting specific advice regarding these events.  Consequently we are looking at delaying these events in the hope that we will receive guidance to hold them in school once it is safe to do so.  Our Open Evening is therefore postponed until October.  We anticipate that we will hold a ‘virtual open evening’ should we not be able to host you in October.  Please watch out for details on the website.